Every consultant has pearls of wisdom they wish they could share with GPs: knowledge they have acquired from years of experience and evidence-based study, which could lead to improved speed and decision in referral, more efficient use of resources and, overall, better patient care. Instant Wisdom for GPs gathers these pearls together, presenting ten bullet-point gems from a comprehensive range of clinical specialties, together with advice on obscure or overlooked diagnoses, guidance on how to distinguish tricky differentials and tips on prescribing.
The content has been thoroughly revised and updated for this second edition. New chapters have been added on alcohol use disorders, behavioural problems in children, clinical biochemistry, emergency presentations, genetics and genomics, obesity and bariatric medicine, and women’s health, all from contributors expert in these fields.
- Each specialty chapter offers ten pearls of wisdom, with detailed explanation from a leading consultant
- ‘Obscure or overlooked diagnoses’ flag conditions which the GP might not have heard about or might overlook or confuse with others
- ‘Easily confused’ sections highlight at-a-glance diagnoses which can be challenging to distinguish from each other, presented in an easy-to-read table
- ‘Prescribing points’ in each chapter highlight relevant issues around prescribing, including tips, warnings and clarifications
- Fully revised and updated with six new chapters
Edited by Keith Hopcroft, author of the critically acclaimed Symptom Sorter, this practical and accessible guide distils years of knowledge, experience, and key evidence into 32 concise and easy-to-navigate chapters and is essential reading for trainee and practicing GPs.
GET IT FREE HERE