The acclaimed full-color review of the underlying principles of blood diseases and disorders – based on a Harvard Medical School hematology course
A Doody’s Core Title for 2021!
LANGE Pathophysiology of Blood Disorders, Second Edition is a well-illustrated, easy-to-absorb introduction to the physiological principles underlying the regulation and function of blood cells and hemostasis, as well as the pathophysiologic mechanisms responsible for the development of blood disorders. Featuring a strong emphasis on key principles, the book also covers diagnosis and management primarily within a framework of pathogenesis.
The organization and content of this book are based on a 3-week hematology course given to students in their second year at Harvard Medical School. All of the authors are lecturers in this course and many of the figures have been taken directly or adapted from their lectures.
FEATURES OF THE SECOND EDITION:
- NEW summary boxes with high yield points to remember
- All figures have been redrawn by a single artist for quality and consistency
- A more user-friendly presentation
- Each chapter includes learning objectives, and self-assessment questions with detailed explanations
- Numerous tables and diagrams encapsulate important information
Hailed for its uniformity of style, clarity, brevity, and high level of scientific rigor and clinical relevance, LANGE Pathophysiology of Blood Disorders, Second Edition will prove valuable to medical students, as well as physicians at all stages of their training.
GET IT FREE HERE